General Practice NSW
General Practice NSW provides leadership and coordination across the primary health care sector in New South Wales. Our organisation is currently exploring a transition to include a broader based membership of diverse and multi-disciplinary stakeholders in primary health care.
Primary health care requires well-resourced and coordinated support to function well. A good primary health care system ensures effective disease prevention and management, maximised health outcomes and sustained access to professional high quality care for all sections of our diverse community.
We were initially established to work at a state level to support and promote the work of the NSW Divisions of General Practice Network. We supported the transition of Divisions to Medicare Locals between 2011 and 2012. During much of 2013 we provided state level representation for the 17 NSW Medicare Locals. Our purpose is to build and maintain good working relationships with relevant public, private and not-for-profit stakeholders in NSW and to maximise the capacity and influence of the primary health care movement in the health care sector.
Australian primary health care is facing possibly the most disruptive and far reaching change in recent memory. More than ever before, it is vital to maintain stability and continuity to collaboratively navigate the emerging new relationships, challenges and opportunities that will be a legacy of the Primary Health Network (PHNs) implementation. General Practice New South Wales is advocating for a state-based primary health care sector organisation to assist and strengthen primary health care as our health care system is redefined. Promoting primary health care integration is a vital strategic and operational priority for our sector.
As Networking Health NSW we want to move forward with your support. We would like to invite you to join like-minded colleagues in exploring and responding to the primary health care reforms across New South Wales. We are seeking Expressions of Interest to join other members in creating a new state-based primary health care sector organisation, with multi-disciplinary and multi-agency members. We are accepting applications NOW and offer complimentary membership until the 30 June 2015.
Download A Case for a Future State-Based Sector Organisation brochure.
A primary healthcare system that is integrated, comprehensive, responsive and provides equitable access to health services for New South Wales when, how and where they need it
Networking Health NSW supports the primary health care community and wider health sector, to address the health needs of their local communities. Networking Health NSW seeks to advance and improve healthcare integration, strengthening, modernising and enabling reform of the primary health care sector through the facilitation of collaborative partnerships between healthcare consumers, the primary health care community, Medicare Locals, future Primary Health Networks, NSW Health and other related healthcare organisations
- Fairness and impartiality towards all of Networking Health NSW members. Understanding the social determinants of health and the networks that can partner to deliver improved healthcare
- Honesty and truthfulness in the activities of Networking Health NSW
- Networking Health NSW promotes shared system thinking for better solutions li>
- Networking Health NSW encourages networking, brokering relationships and building partnerships li>
- Networking Health NSW gives due consideration for others’ opinions, feelings, and wishes
- Networking Health NSW engages all members and particularly values the views of health service consumers
- Networking Health NSW is accountable and open in its dealings with its members and stakeholders
- Assist primary care organisations to meet the changing needs of health consumers and their local communities, promoting and facilitating networking, integration and collaboration across primary health care and the wider community of not for profit, commercial and public funded health care sector organisations for the development and exchange of best practice in primary health care
- Capacity and capability within primary health care organisations and their partners to deliver state and federal health reform priorities, improving population health outcomes, fostering sector, professional and organisational partnership and collaboration
- Support NSW Medicare Locals move to Primary Health Networks as sustainable organisations, as acknowledging the influential and innovative contribution of a properly coordinated and resourced primary health care system
- Support the exploration and development of innovative practice across the primary health care sector, engaging varied consumer, professional and community interests, influencing and advocating for policy review and development, sharing information and contributing to new models of good practice
**The information on this website should not be used for individual medical advice. Please see your doctor if you have concerns or specific questions relating to your health.