General Practice NSW
General Practice NSW was established to work at a state level to support and promote the work of the NSW Divisions of General Practice Network and more recently the 17 NSW Medicare Locals, to build and maintain good working relationships with relevant public, private and not-for-profit stakeholders in NSW and to maximise the capacity and influence of the primary health care movement in the health care sector.
General Practice NSW also offers state level organisations (government, non-government and private) a mechanism through which to communicate and build relationships with NSW Medicare Locals.
Our current members are the Medicare Locals in NSW together with the continuing Divisions of General Practice.
A strong and integrated primary health care system in New South Wales
Advance health reform in NSW through strengthening primary care systems and expertise
- Advocate for a stronger and more integrated primary health care system in NSW
- Coordinate activities across NSW Medicare Locals and Divisions that add value to the health system
- Identify funding opportunities to develop the business of NSW Medicare Locals and Divisions
- Facilitate learning, information sharing and networking between Medicare Locals, Divisions and other key stakeholders
Representation and Advocacy
- Raise the profile of Medicare Locals and Divisions and the vital role of general practice in the delivery of primary health care
- Ensure that general practice and allied health are represented in planning and implementation of health services in NSW
- Establish collaborative relationships with other centres of influence in the health sector
- Develop programs, provide support and promote activities across health priority areas that are responsive to member needs.
- Primary Health Care can’t thrive without effective relationships between health providers. General Practice NSW works to build partnerships at the state level with a range of stakeholders including NSW Government Departments, non-government and consumer organisations and anyone else who want to work with Medicare Locals.
**The information on this website should not be used for individual medical advice. Please see your doctor if you have concerns or specific questions relating to your health.